Sunday, March 4, 2007

Old and New Notes

I got a new phone yesterday, and I when I went through my old phone to see what was left on it, I found these voice notes:

  • I want to bring the ideas of face-lifts, face-transplants etc into what Mindy has been doing with faces in her photos (this is from way back). Tulsa is kinda of a Frankenstein city, a bit monstrous, cobbled together from fragments of other cities, industries, etc.
  • Dec 26: The anti-environmental aspect of evangelical, fundamentalist Christianity fits hand-in-hand with driving SUVs and burning fossil fuels indiscriminantly. (In fact, I sent Kate a story from the NYT yesterday in which an letter from some major leaders said “that Cizik [National Assoc of Evangelicals] and others are using the global warming controversy to shift the emphasis away from the great moral issues of our time.” What? Destorying the environment is not a great moral issue??
  • I want to use the comment/track changes features on Word to make a totally annotated/illustrated poem in the vein of the Humament. I also may be able to use Adobe Acrobat (I got the full version last semester) since it has some neat highlighting features.
  • Port of Catoosa should be on our list of road trips. I must have industries there having to do with oil.
  • Make poems in Tulsita interactive before they are animated. Have some of the words be hotlinked so that photos would pop up. The photos could have little x-boxes on them that would close the photos when clicked. With the Doby Bowl poem, different nets would pop up when certain words were clicked. I still have the ones Mindy sent that I haven't used yet.
  • What all of our media (text, photo, sound) have in common is that all of them can be projected. This is why I am so set on a video installation with projector. Just need the projector...

No comments: