Saturday, January 20, 2007

Tulsita Schism

I’m running into some problems with the size of the file, I think. As I was trying to animate the beginning of scene 3, Dig Down Deeper, it was taking a few seconds to turn each word into a symbol. I soon discovered that this was because there were already so many symbols in the library. So, I decided to put scene three in its own movie, but I’m not sure how I will link it to the other two yet. I might make each poem its own movie and link them together within a larger “parent movie” (see Ch 12, Flash 5! pp 358-383). If I do this, I may have to have a button that would bring up the next movie, rather than them playing successively. I think it important, however, to retain the idea of the poem staying static without sound until the view pushes a “play” button. We may just have to add an extra step. In some ways, this could be a good thing, making the movie a bit more interactive, allowing the viewer to go in any order she chooses, as will the Action Yes html version. But it may not be good for an installation where it has to play successively.

No comments: