Saturday, January 27, 2007

Flash Scene 3 and problems putting it all together

Today I took a step toward making the text an image, in the vein of Charles Olson and Susan Howe, by arranging the words and letters on the stage (interesting semantics from Flash) and then splitting them, rotating them and scattering them.

….Or not….Maybe I won’t be able to import the movies into each other. When I tried it, it just put the movie in its separate layer without sound. I guess I’ll go back to the idea of combining the scenes under the umbrella of a master file, probably the Tulsita title page that I made as one of my first attempts at Flash, and have them linked with buttons that move to the next poem. Each poem will also then need a play button that the viewer will push to start the sound and animation. I will begin working on that while I am waiting for the “homework” to come in from the rest of the Wakowites.

I was able to get a simple push button to work so that it loaded a movie when I pressed it. This is probably the solution to follow. I think it would make it easier if I broke up the scenes into separate files.

No comments: