Friday, February 9, 2007

Interscenes and Death/Metal progressing

Been working late nights this week to finish this project at least to a point where we could submit it to an online journal. Nathan finally got me phrases for Death/Metal, but I’m still waiting on the other two. Mindy did finally get me two nets that she made out of Dig Down.

Mindy was also able to get me some “posterized” versions of some of the photos we submitted to Living Arts. She had the idea, above, to gradually animate them in a sort of paint-by-numbers scheme, which gave me tons of ideas as to how to show the language that undergirds the places and images we see every day.

At any rate, I thought this short animation would serve great as “interscenes,” transitions between the various poems. They could have sound or not (I don’t think the Green Door short will work with sound—it’s too slow a file because of all the text animation). I did the first interscene with the wicker deer photo mindy sent according to the paint-by-numbers idea, but I thought it would reverse it wit hteh green door, moving the animation in the opposite direction. Fading into text then fading into text that resembles the shape of the objects in the photo, then fading into and stopping at the photo. One more should do it, but I haven’t given thought to what it will be yet.

Instead, I’ve been tweaking the interscenes and in Scene 4 adding Nathan’s texts to Death/Metal. I hope to finish Scene 4 this weekend to show to WaKOW and to get approval to add the interscenes to the full project. Another idea I’ll run by them is to add hyperlinks to keywords in the texts that pop up photos when clicked. The photos would in turn have little x-boxes to click to close them. I think these pop-ups would work best when the poem is not in motion. This interactivity would be idea for an online zine environment even if it would be useless in an installation.

No comments: